Sports and D.O.T Physicals in San Antonio and Bandera, TX
Innovative Urgent Care and Family Clinic performs sports physicals for students or athletes who are looking to ascertain that they’re in good shape for intense physical activity. Sports physicals are often a requirement for anyone who wants to participate in an athletic program. In many states in the US, students and other athletes must take pre-participation physical examinations before the onset of the competitive season.
The Department of Transportation (D.OT) also requires all commercial truck drivers to undergo a physical examination. Innovative Urgent Care and Family Clinic is FMCSA certified to perform physicals for all commercial drivers looking to get a CDL.
What Happens During Sports and DOT Physicals
During your appointment with our expert team, we’ll be assessing your suitability to engage in athletic activity, or to drive. For your safety, and that of others, sportspersons, and commercial drivers must be in considerably good shape—physically, emotionally and even mentally.
As such, our certified examiners will pay special attention to:
- Your physical well-being, by performing a thorough physical exam which involves measuring your blood pressure, temperature, and heart rate, as well as checking your eyesight as well as your ear, nose, and throat. We will also perform a urinalysis.
- Your medical history. We will review your medical history to check for illnesses, surgical operations, and immunizations.
After a thorough assessment, we will provide you with the necessary paperwork—completed and stamped for your use at school or work.
Preparing for Your Sports or DOT Physical
Here at Innovative Urgent Care and Family Clinic, we know that taking exams can be unnerving. That’s why we have gone out of our way to ensure our facilities are welcoming and relaxed. We encourage you to put aside any worries that you may have once you walk into our offices, as lingering fears can cause anxiety and result in false reports. We’re here to take proper care of you and ensure you pass your physicals with flying colors.
In the weeks and days preceding your sports or DOT physical:
- Get your documents—such as your medical paperwork and list of prescriptions—in order.
- Avoid foods that can spike your blood pressure. Coffee and heavily-salted foods are on top of that list.
- Incorporate exercise into your daily routine to stay in shape.
During the day of your physical:
- Eat well and make sure your bladder is full
- Leave your house on time
- Set aside all misconceptions you may have about physical exams, and allow us to answer any concerns you may have.
Are you looking to compete actively in an athletic program, or to get on the road as a commercial truck driver? Visit our clinics in San Antonio and Bandera, TX, to fulfill your physical examination requirements.